Extensive Experience And A Track Record Of Success
Corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and individuals are increasingly embroiled in a variety of complex business disputes. Often, commercial conflicts arise out of past and present business relationships, or with business competitors. Business complications can arise out of what was once a trusting, amicable and mutually beneficial business relationship.
The Smith Firm has extensive experience and a record of success handling business arbitration and litigation in both state and federal courts. We have a comprehensive understanding of Oregon business laws and the complications faced by businesses throughout the state and are prepared to handle cases involving the most complex commercial disputes.
Call us at 503-342-2623 to schedule a consultation about a commercial litigation matter in Portland, throughout Oregon or in southwest Washington.
A Business Law Firm Focused On Resolving Business Disputes Efficiently
Dave Smith gained broad experience in solving complex commercial disputes while representing financial institutions, contractors, developers, property owners, brokers, manufacturers, insurance companies and business professionals. He works one-on-one with clients to develop strategic plans to accomplish their business objectives and goals. His experience and successes include:
- Represented owners, contractors, developers, engineers and design professionals in all facets of construction-related litigation, including trial, arbitration and mediation
- Represented numerous businesses in disputes with competitors, vendors and customers
- Represented a variety of manufacturers and high-tech companies in intellectual property disputes over trademarks, trade dress and copyrights
- Represented numerous lenders (both public and private) in collection of secured and unsecured loans
- Successfully represented through trial a general contractor in a Federal Court Miller Act lawsuit
- Represented a consulting firm in a $100 million complex professional malpractice lawsuit that was ultimately mediated with a favorable result for the client
Providing Results-Oriented Representation
Business disputes often involve extremely high stakes, measured monetarily or by competitive position. The time, energy, costs and legal expense of participating in these conflicts make the stakes even higher. As a result, successfully managing and resolving complex business disputes directly affects the bottom-line profitability of your business.
We can handle a broad range of disputes, including litigation involving:
- Business tort litigation
- Contract disputes
- Shareholder and partnership litigation
- Covenants not to compete/noncompete agreements
- Intentional interference with business relations
- Theft of corporate opportunities
- Commercial, financial institution and lender collections
- Breach of fiduciary duties
- Trade secret litigation
- Real estate litigation
- Employment law disputes