Business Succession Planning Representation
When someone purchases a business, equipment, land or facilities, it is important that his or her rights are protected in any contingency. And at some point, during the business growth cycle, ownership of a business may have to be transferred or measures must be taken to provide continuity in management and operations. In these situations, it is critical that:
- Contingencies are addressed well in advance whenever possible.
- Asset transfers are executed properly to avoid confusion, disputes and the unnecessary loss of resources.
The Smith Firm, P.C., is dedicated to getting the deal done in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Whether you are involved in a merger, acquisition, refinance or restructuring, we can assist you.
Contact us at 503-342-2623 to learn more about our capabilities and services in the Portland area.
An Experienced Counselor Advising Business Owners
At our law firm, our founding attorney Dave Smith has been providing business law services in Oregon and southwest Washington for more than 19 years. He can provide advice and services involving:
- Business transactions and contracts
- Asset protection strategies
- The purchase and sale of businesses
- Business succession planning
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Other business law matters
The Smith Firm represents buyers and sellers regarding simple and highly complex business acquisitions.
Are you considering selling a business?
- One of many priorities is ensuring that you will get paid. We regularly arrange to have the buyer sign a promissory note and provide collateral and arrange for you to retain a security interest in your business.
Are you considering buying a business?
- Often, banks won’t lend buyers all the money needed to purchase a business. We can draft and execute an agreement that allows you to buy a business upfront, then pay off the remaining debt through a promissory note to the seller.
Protect Your Rights Through Business Succession
We can prepare business succession plans and exit strategy plans. Business succession most often has an element of estate planning. Dave Smith works to clearly define current ownership rights and arrange for ownership to transfer smoothly to children or other heirs following death, illness, lack of involvement, or other issues and events.
Contact A Lawyer
For questions regarding business transactions and business succession planning, contact our legal team by calling 503-342-2623 or completing our inquiry form. We accept credit cards and are available for evening and weekend appointments. We have offices in West Linn and Portland to serve you.