Representation In Your Formation Or Expansion Matter
Even the most promising idea for a new business or a business expansion can be derailed if the initial creation of the business is mishandled. Your foundational business documentations will change your liabilities, taxes and other legal options. At The Smith Firm, P.C., we work closely with our clients in Portland, throughout Oregon and in southwest Washington to help them select the organizational structure that is appropriate for their business.
To learn more about our services or to schedule a consultation with our experienced lawyer, call 503-342-2623.
Business Formation And Corporate Governance
Beginning with his economics degree, Dave Smith has used his business training and experience to serve his clients. He is a highly respected member of the business community, has sat on several boards and foundations, and is skilled in forming and aiding in the corporate maintenance of small and medium-sized businesses. Our corporate formation and governance services include:
- The formation of limited liability companies (LLCs), limited liability partnerships (LLPs), S corporations and nonprofits
- Advice on maintaining corporate formalities, and the creation of corporate articles, bylaws and meeting minutes
- Preparation of companies or corporations’ organizational documents, including articles of incorporation, bylaws, operating agreement and buy-sell agreement
- Acting as a registered agent for companies and corporations
- The limiting of liability and the protection of owners’ personal assets
Helping Companies Throughout The Business Growth Cycle
Once a company is formed, it’s helpful to receive additional legal help when necessary from an attorney who already knows the business. Our team provides legal services to closely held corporations, investors and entrepreneurs in matters involving:
- Contract review and negotiation
- Corporate due diligence
- Stock and asset purchase and sale agreements
- The drafting of operating agreements, buy-sell agreements and other agreements
- Resolution of business disputes and litigation
The organizational structure of a business affects not only how the business operates, but also the sale or transfer of a business or liability issues when a business is sold, dissolved or conveyed to the next generation. Our legal team has worked with clients throughout Oregon handling business transactions and succession planning related to the transition, purchase and sale of businesses.
For questions regarding corporate governance and business law, contact The Smith Firm. We accept credit cards and are available for evening and weekend appointments. To speak with a lawyer, call 503-342-2623 or contact us online. We have offices in West Linn and Portland.