Legal Guidance In Construction Lien And Bond Claims
In the construction industry, making a profit and even staying in business can be an ongoing challenge. When business plans are threatened by an owner’s failure to pay for work performed or materials supplied, a construction company, contractor or supplier can face a serious problem. Fortunately, construction and mechanic’s liens provide subcontractors, contractors, vendors and other parties powerful rights to recover payment when owners refuse to pay.
Serving the Portland area, all of Oregon and southwest Washington, The Smith Firm, P.C., provides results-oriented representation in matters involving construction liens, bond claims and related litigation. With more than 19 years of experience and a comprehensive understanding of the industry, construction law attorney Dave Smith can address virtually any problem.
Call us at 503-342-2623 to schedule a consultation regarding your specific construction law questions and concerns.
Cost-Effective Construction Lien Representation
A construction lien can be used to recover funds owed, but the lien process must be followed precisely, or lien rights may be lost. For instance:
- Failure to provide a notice of right to lien may render a lien unenforceable, even if the lien is recorded on time.
- The lien must be recorded with the county recorder, whether there is a contract with the owner, or a notice of right to lien has been provided, no later than 75 days after the last day of providing labor, transportation, materials or equipment to the project. Failure to record the lien will jeopardize lien on time rights.
Our founding attorney, Dave Smith, has provided construction and mechanic’s lien and bond claim services in Oregon since 1996. He is skilled at investigating work performed, coordinating and consulting with experts to evaluate the loss in a construction lien claim, and pursuing clients’ lien and payment rights. Mr. Smith can:
- Prepare, record, provide notices and perfect lien rights
- Initiate suits to foreclose construction liens
- Represent subcontractors against contractors regarding recovering payment from their bond
- Pursue bond claims, including CCB complaints
- Represent owners, contractors and other parties in contesting lien disputes
- Represent parties in disputes involving public projects and bond claims
Do not take risks when payment for work performed or received is at stake. The Smith Firm will work tirelessly to protect your rights and interests and to obtain the funds owed to you.
Contact A Bond Claim Lawyer
For questions regarding construction and mechanic’s liens and bond claims, call our legal team at 503-342-2623 or send us an email. We have offices in West Linn and Portland to serve you.